At Fidelity Payment we’re here to help you ensure your business is compliant and advise on any PCI issues
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) are a set of security guidelines designed to safeguard cardholder data to reduce credit card fraud. PCI DSS compliance is mandatory for any business that processes card transactions.
Please call us on 0345 481 2178 or email email@example.com to become compliant or renew your compliance.
What is PCI DSS?
PCI DSS is the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, and this is a worldwide standard that was set up to help businesses process card payments securely and reduce card fraud. It does this through tight controls surrounding the storage, transmission and processing of cardholder data that businesses handle. PCI DSS is intended to protect sensitive cardholder data.
There are 12 high level requirements which fall into these categories:
Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect data
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
Protect Cardholder Data
- Protect stored data (use encryption)
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data and sensitive information across public networks
Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Restrict access to data by business need-to-know
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access 9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
Maintain an Information Security Policy
- Maintain a policy that addresses Information Security